Your Earwig Control Experts for Los Angeles CA
You may not be sure of what an earwig is and you are not alone. They happen to be masters at taking over a range of locations within the house and oftentimes call for a number of remedies to successfully control the infestation. When you have identified earwigs in your property give Top Termite Control Specialists of Los Angeles a phone call today at (310) 651-7636 to find out how our earwig services work. Earwigs are normally observed in groups when invading populated locations; condos, flats, neighborhoods, etc.
What do Earwigs Look Like?
Their pincers are normally what frighten people whenever they see them, leading many to think the pests are threatening. Their pincers are for protection from other earwigs and insects.
The size of an earwig will rely on the particular species however adults will generally vary anywhere from a mere 5 mm to 25 mm in length. They have slender bodies and two pairs of wings. Some earwig species release an odorous liquid as a defense mechanism. Immature earwigs have the same look as adults but with no wings.
Depending on the types, an earwig could be a predator or an omnivore. They do not generally come out throughout the day, staying in damp locations and come out at night. When winter season goes along they go underground and emerge when Spring arrives. While underground the females will lay eggs. The lady is responsible for caring for her offspring up until they hatch. She then continues her security until they can seek out food by themselves.
It’s usual to find earwigs in light traps since light attracts them and could be the irritating insect flying around the porch light at night. If you notice them on your porch or deck during the day they might easily be hiding beneath cushions and other furniture or items on the porch. When they are seen inside the home, you ought to not worry as they are only looking for food and shelter or they came in because of changing weather conditions.
The Best Ways to Tell if You Have an Earwig Infestation
Undoubtedly, seeing the earwigs themselves could be an indication of a potential invasion. When they are found within, they will frequently be near rooms that have water present. Naturally, they might easily be found in other rooms as they can effortlessly move about the home.
Suggestion for Controlling Earwigs
To regulate an earwig problem it’s essential to eliminate any hiding places on your property. Otherwise any effort presented in regards to actual insect solutions and treatments being applied, won’t likely be successful. Not to worry though because there are approaches for managing the earwigs on your property.
1. Do away with wood, lumber, and excess design or items near your home’s foundation.
2. Analyze the outside of your home, doing away with any dead leaves, organic material or mulch.
3. Keep your landscape groomed, removing concealing spots for earwigs by trimming trees and shrubs that are close to or touch the home’s exterior.
4. Examine your rain gutters, including the downspouts, and ensure they are working correctly.
5. Earwigs want to conceal in shaded, moist areas like trees and shrubs so keep these neatly trimmed if near the house.
6. If earwigs appear to enjoy your outdoor lights, think about moving them further from the home, directing to your home. This way the earwigs will not be in your personal area. Another choice would be to alter your bulbs to yellow if you make use of bright white lights.
7. Make certain all screens on the outside of the home are in good condition and free of holes.
If you want to find out more about our Los Angeles earwig solutions just give us a call at (310) 651-7636 today. Even if you simply have some concerns regarding earwigs, our earwig Los Angeles experts are here to help.